Do you know the role of the Product Owner in a Scrum team? The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product and work on the development team. The Product Owner is the sole person responsible for managing the Product Backlog.
Therefore, Product Ownership is much more than User Stories and prioritizing the work. It’s about leading the product to create happy customers and find business success.
🎯 Is Scrum Product Owner course for you?
Maybe you are…
💭 a Product Owner without Certification;
💭 a member of the Development Team who is trying to find valuable information for the work of his team;
💭 a Manager who wondering how project development processes should flow and how to create an energizing workplace;
💭 a Person with little experience in Scrum who wishes to learn more.
If yes, then this is the course for you!
This is great opportunity for you to become a Certified Product Owner, officially registered by the Scrum Alliance, which means you are capable of leading a Scrum team through a Product Backlog and communicate the product vision in an Agile environment. Above all increase your personal value within your company and in the business marketplace.
🦸♂️ What are the benefits of the course?
This course is focused on the leadership skills required to effectively guide Agile products and applications, including visualizing and balancing stakeholder needs. Furthermore, effective product portfolio and backlog strategies, delivering optimized value. The emphasis is on practical skills and their utility in your activities.
Training consists of theoretical and practical part, with plenty of interactions and group work. With many games to support the theory, our trainer Petri Heiramo covers main topics, for example Scrum roles and Product Owner role in Scrum team, the Product Backlog, Planning and Estimation, User Stories and their creation, etc…
To prepare for the course, before the course you will receive materials to guide you. Furthermore, on the course, additional handouts will be provided. During the course, all the theory will be covered and many real-life events and problems in team will be discussed.
📌 What will you learn at the course?
The agenda is preliminary and will be adjusted based on the interest of the participants.
Day 1 🕘
🔎 Product Owner vs. Product Manager
🔎 Why Agile for project management and business?
🔎 Scrum overview
Day 2 🕘
🔎 Scrum in details
🔎 Good user stories
Day 3 🕘
🔎 Release planning
🔎 Value estimation
🔎 Elective topics
* This agenda is rough as it will be adjusted based on participant interests and the amount of questions. We will be using Scrum for the course, and the Course Backlog will be updated and reprioritized based on participant topics and desires.
📣 How will this be your career milestone?
By the end of the course you will…
✅ get official Scrum Product Owner certificate from the Scrum Alliance;
✅ become a part of the Agile community;
✅ learn why to use Agile, when Scrum is the right approach, when we should use some other approaches and when we can combine different approaches;
✅ discover what others expect from you as a Product Owner, also how to interact with the Development Team and the Scrum Master, or with stakeholders;
✅ find your path how to plan for future, and what kind of commitments are safe to make;
✅ learn to effectively describe things / features your clients and users want, how many details are useful, and when;
✅ find the best way to obtain the Development Team’s feedback on risks, opportunities, effort and consequences of planned work;
✅ learn what techniques to use to elicit needs and value information from stakeholders, finally how to keep them informed of product progress.
📜 Scrum Product Owner Certifications
By attending an official Scrum Product Owner Course, offered by Agile Serbia as a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Allies (REAs), you will receive a badge and an globally recognized Certified Scrum Product Owner® Certificate (CSPO®). This certificate is valid for 2 years and it is also very easily renewable.
Why do you need an internationally recognized Agile certificate?
Nowadays, when the whole world is becoming one big market, you want to make sure that your time and resources are well invested, and that your certificate is recognized anywhere. Trustful educational center has top-notch trainers, complete infrastructure, program quality standards, and continuing educational support.
📜 Certification Process Steps
- Select a date and register for a Scrum Product Owner course
- Do a self-paced preparation before the event (material will be provided by a trainer approx.10-14 days in advance)
- Attend a three – day trainer-led Scrum Product Owner course
- Access your Certified Scrum Master certificate and badge on the Scrum Alliance website
📌 Course value – sum up:
- Practical and resourceful learning environment
- Interactive workshop with plentiful group activities
- Perpetual access to all the content of the course
- Certified Scrum Product Owner® Certificate (CSPO®) for 2 years
- Scrum Alliance® membership for 2 years
- International 16 SEUs if you want or need to advance in Agile
- Access to a world Agile library
- Access to Agile community groups
- Special discount for Regional Scrum Gathering event
- Free Agile e-book – Successfully create your Agile path
- FREE bonus – 3 hours Estimation workshop
Practicing Agile Estimation Workshop Overview
Agile teams also need to estimates, in order to try to peer into the future and forecast what kinds of longer term commitments are feasible, and to help the PO prioritize the Product Backlog well. Estimation process also helps the team itself understand what they will need to do in order to deliver their commitments. It’s not okay to say “we have no idea when this could be ready”.
In this workshop we will:
Practice two main approaches for Agile estimation and discuss how to make it effective and useful
Connect the estimates to velocity and use that for longer term planning
Look at questions like, why we estimate, what kind of estimation to use and when, and when not to estimate
Introduce about half-a-dozen approaches for estimation in Agile context
These topics are essential understanding for both Product Owners and Scrum Masters, but also valuable information for team members and anyone who works with Agile teams and projects.
Details about the next public Product Owner course:
Certified Product Owner Course is organized on the date as per schedule. Furthermore, we can organize it on-site course on your request, like all other courses organized by Agile Serbia & Puzzle Software.
- Date: 12th – 14th December
- Duration: 3 working days, 6 hours per day
- Location: Online (Zoom)
- Course Language: English
- Trainer: Petri Heiramo
- Course type: certified by the Scrum Alliance (Certificate (CSPO®) for 2 years)
- FREE bonus – 3 hours Estimation workshop (16.12.2022.)
- Applications: online or by e-mail: email@example.com
- Early Bird Price: 790 € + VAT
REGISTER: online or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and payment information:
- For this course you can pay via Bank Transfer.
- If you are paying as individual, via Bank Transfer (Wire Transfer), you can pay in two or three installments, depending on the date you registered. See our Terms and Conditions.
- If you are paying as a company (legal entity), after registration via e-mail, you will receive an invoice. All payments should be made to our bank account stated in received invoice. All payments are at the selling exchange rate of the bank effective on the date when the invoice was issued.
How can we help you?
You might have some doubts about training, certification or SEU points, etc. Frequently Asked Questions should help you to find all answers you need 😊
What the participants said about Product Owner course:
“The course really helped me, although I had some previous practical experience. Actually, it helped me to map theory to practical experience. The trainer is great. He managed to present us possible problems, and then let us to try to solve them. After that, he told us how they should be solved in practice.”
(Milos Tomic, Humanity, Product Owner)
See how it was at the previous Certified Scrum Product Owner Course in December 2019 in our Facebook album.
*** Great news: We’ve officially become REA – Registered Scrum Alliance Educational Ally! More information you can find here.