To be certified or not? That is the question.
If someone asks you what is the most important piece of paper you have, what would you say? Whatever you choose, you know that none of these are mere papers, they represent much more. In business, becoming certified in one area is not just a piece of paper. It represents your time invested, your resources and the hard work behind it.
There are many things to consider when we decide to invest in our career. Some people take into account the financial moment behind the investment, some concentrate on the credentials of the certification body, while some focus on the applicability of the certificate – is it a local certificate, or will you be able to use it internationally?
Both local and international training provides you with different levels of knowledge and potential for further development, so you need to choose what is significant to you. If you want to learn the basics about what Agile is and what Scrum is; what are the Scrum roles and their responsibilities; how Scrum works; what a self-organizing and cross-functional team looks like; non-certified training is good enough and more rational in terms of investment. You will get what you expected, and your knowledge is sufficient to talk about this topic with your friends.
However, if your ambition is to gain valuable knowledge and if you want to develop further in this field, then you have to choose wisely. The price should not be a decisive element if you invest in your future.
Nowadays, when the whole world is becoming one big market, you want to make sure that your time and resources are well invested, and that international company recognizes and value the certification you have.
There are two world organizations that support people on their Agile career path: Scrum Alliance and Scrum Org. They have top-notch trainers, complete infrastructure, program quality standards, and continuing educational support. These are the reasons why you choose a trustful educational center.
The benefits of an internationally recognized Scrum Alliance certificate are:
- International certificate is recognized by all companies in the world
- Continuing education – there is continual support to improve and learn, not only for basic training programs but for advanced as well
- Agile community – Scrum Alliance has a worldwide network that is willing to help anyone in the group
- Regular yearly events for members, such as Global Scrum Gathering and Regional Scrum Gathering, where you have an opportunity to meet and connect with the best experts and companies in this field
- Access to a world Agile library written by Coaches and the community of Scrum Alliance and Scrum org
- The only recognized certificates for further development – If you aspire to become an Agile Coach you need to have basic international certificates (by Scrum Alliance or Scrum Org).
You need to take all these into consideration when you decide to invest in yourself. You don’t want to end up in a dead-end because you chose a certificate that doesn’t offer any upgrade or to pay double, because you were not informed properly prior to making a decision.
Agile Serbia has dedicated over a decade to helping people choose the best and the right certificates for them. As Scrum Alliance Registered Education Ally (REA), we are part of the renewed provider of internationally recognized certificates.
Inform well and make a good long-term decision to advance in your career.
Check the Agile Month Spring 2022 courses and join us!