You are a certified Scrum Master with some experience, and you wonder where you can learn a few tips and tricks that could help you to become a better servant-leader for your Scrum team? This Advanced Scrum Master Practices and Techniques Training discusses few Scrum anti-patterns, pitfalls and tips/tricks how to address them.
What is the value training will provide for your team?
Team and organizations face challenges at all phases of their Agile implementations, from team-level execution and delivery, to higher-level strategy and leadership. It is of sufficient interest for an organization to achieve Agility that people at all levels understand Agile principles and be educated about Agile processes like Scrum. It is a must! This training is deeply oriented into the core Agile principles and practices you need to achieve success, no matter of what is your role in the organization.
Completing this training you will be able to effectively facilitate Scrum meetings: daily scrum (stand-up), sprint/iteration planning, review and retrospectives and to be able to apply the Agile & Scrum principles and practices to build a real product. Enables you to work together on an Agile team, using the iterative process to rapidly learn, change how the team works and to become leader of implementation process.
Who is this training tailored for?
Primarily Scrum Masters, but also Development team, and Product Owners who are very familiar with Scrum framework and have been using Scrum framework for some time.
What is training about?
Being an excellent Scrum Master is even beyond than helping in the practitioner of Scrum activities. There are many techniques and practices that can help a Scrum Master perform role effectively and successfully. Scrum Master Practices & Techniques Training will explore many of these techniques and practices through hands on simulations while keeping Agile’s values and principles in the spotlight!
- Scrum framework
- A Few Scrum Anti-patterns
- Tips and tricks regarding Product backlog
- Tips and tricks regarding sprinting
- Tips and tricks regarding estimating and planning
- Tips and tricks regarding managing stakeholders
- Tips and tricks regarding culture
- Tips and tricks regarding teamwork
- Tips and tricks regarding problems during meetings
- Exercises and Q&A’s
- You will be reminded of key Scrum rules, characteristics, principles and values;
- You will learn how to address some of the symptoms of potential mistakes (test sprint, changes during a sprint, no DoD, random size sprints…) and prevent Scrum being corrupted and twisted. For some companies difficulties with Scrum arise with their expectations that Scrum is a silver bullet, or a cookbook with solutions for all their problems. Unfortunately, some companies try to add additional practices to the Scrum framework that are very much Scrum/Agile anti-patterns and pitfalls, which should be avoided;
- You will learn what grooming the Product Backlog is, when to groom the Product Backlog, how to handle technical work, how to write Product Backlog items of the right size and with the right amount of details;
- You will learn about the top five reasons teams don’t deliver everything in a Sprint, what to do if a team can’t have anything potentially shippable by the end of a Sprint, how to avoid leaving unfinished work at the end of a Sprint, how to handle firefighting during a Sprint;
- You will learn why and when to estimate the Product Backlog items, how to overcome a fear of estimating, and how to enforce the rule of claiming credit only for what is completely done;
- You will learn how to manage stakeholders expectations, how to handle early requests to lock down scope, schedule and budget, how to move away from written documentation;
- You will learn how to prevent team burnout from sprinting, how to manage risk on Scrum projects, understand how Project Managers fit into Scrum, how to reward a team for a job well done;
- You will learn how to convince team members to work outside their roles, how to leave time for testing during a Sprint, how to add automation when little or none exists, how to deal with overly busy Product Owner, how to fit UX design into Scrum, learn how to choose PO for different types of product development;
- You will learn how to save time during Sprint planning, how to avoid over commitment during Sprint planning, how to have an effective Daily Scrum and how to conduct a review when not everything is demonstrable.
Details about next public Scrum Master Practices & Techniques training
As the all available trainings by Agile Serbia & Puzzle Software, Scrum Master Practices and Techniques Training is organized on scheduled date, or can be organized on request (on-site) where the Company is the host.
- Duration: 1 working day
- Certification: No
- SEU points: Earn up to 8 SEUs, Category C
Note: SEUs are structured on a point system, and SEU is based on a 1:1 ratio of contact hours to points. Full day of training is equivalent to 8 SEUs. You are required to earn Scrum Education Units (SEUs) by completing educational training or learning opportunities as a validation of your continued proficiency and because of your future certification.
What the participants said about Scrum Master Practices and Techniques Training
“I liked the training, all the themes were thoroughly thought through. I really liked the higher level of training, than the basic Agile, i.e. it explored the problems in depth and the basic problems that the normal team and Scrum Master encounter and everyday activities, with all the evil roles of the Product Owner through to the Project Manager with whom they have to co-operate.”
(Veljko Maksimović, Project Coodinator, Endava)